I’ve had the problem with hair falling since young, probably due to my hypothyroidism (but didn’t know I had it), but at the same time my hair is so thick so it didn’t make much difference. That was until I started loosing hair 6 months after delivering. My hair was falling A LOT more than usual and my house was covered with my hair everywhere!!! After speaking to some mothers and doing research with ‘Dr Google’ I realize this happens often and is just under side effect of childbirth.
For a few months I decided not to do anything about it, but then it started to really worry me. I decided to get rid of my chemically infused shampoo and go for something a bit more natural based. Being an active Shuang Hor member, I decided to try their shampoos; both VCare Daily Care Shampoo and VCare Scalp Care Shampoo. I found that Scalp Care shampoo really suited me and been using it on daily basis. Quickly I realized the hair dropping has reduced dramatically.
Here are the ingredients and functions of VCare Scalp Care Shampoo:
- Special repair ingredient: Capable of forming an antistatic protective film to prevent split ends and breakage.
- Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5): Capable of making the tresses look denser with increased volume, feel softer and smoother, and shine with a healthy glow.
- Climbazole: A special ingredient added to help subdue the proliferation of fungus, prevent the formation of dandruff, and counter allergic condition of the scalp.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): Effective in resisting the onset of scalp inflammation and enhancing its health to strengthen hair shafts and prevent split ends.
- Menthol: Leaves the scalp refreshed and comfortable after shampooing
Another thing I realized was contributing to the hair loss was the hair brush I was using. I could literally feel my hair being pulled out. I decided to change to a brush with softer bristles, I bought the Acca Kappa brush
At first it was a bit strange to brush my hair as it almost seemed that it wasn’t reaching all the way to my scalp, but after getting used to it I realized it actually is doing the job but in a much gentle way.
Here are some ways to determine if you are suffering from a hair fall:
• If you see large amount of hair on your pillow when you wake up in the morning you will be suffering from hair fall
• If you find more than normal hair left in the comb when you comb your hair, then you will be having hair loss problem.
• When hair loss occurs, men’s hair recedes from the forehead or from the crown of the head.
• Women will experience thinning of hair and the parting becomes wider and sees more of their scalp.
Sudden hair loss indicates underlying medical condition and requires identifying the problem causing the hair loss.
The important causes of hair fall or hair loss includes
• Hereditary conditions
• Medical conditions such as anemia and autoimmune diseases and thyroid disorders
• Scalp infections
• Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis
• Lack of nutrients
• Chemicals from hair products, including shampoo as well as chemicals from food
Hair loss can appear in different ways depending on the cause. Some types of hair losses are temporary and some are permanent. It is possible to prevent the temporary loss of hair using various home remedies available, such as these. I haven’t personally tried many of these, but you can give it a try.
Of course it is important to have enough nutrients in your daily diet, both through healthy meals as well as good quality supplements. Hair is made up of protein which is found in the skin, therefore it is also important to consume good quality protein for healthy skin and hair. Jia Hor Instant Soya Powder is a great choice for protein intake, due to these factors:
- Soya protein isolates are plant-base proteins that can be readily absorbed (up to 95%) by the human body for utilization, thus reducing the intake of fats and cholesterols. The Soya Isoflavones found in them exhibit an amazing effect in preventing breast cancer.
- Lecithin helps reduce the build-up of excessive fats in the blood vessels and the liver, in addition to encouraging developmental growth of the brain. It this ideal for pregnant women to ensure healthy development of brain functions in the foetus. At the same time, it also contributes to preventing the onset of senile dementia among the aged.
- Papain (papaya enzyme) and bromelin (pineapple enzyme) are capable of breaking down the large molecules of proteins into smaller ones to enhance their digestion and assimilation.
- This exclusive formulation allows you to assimilate all the essential amino acids in one go and keep you fully energized all-day long.
As you can see besides providing you with great quality protein, Jia Hor Instant Soya Powder also has many other benefits and it is also free from purine, allergens, cholesterol, fat and aflatoxin (carcinogenic substance).
Whatever remedy you use, try to avoid as much chemicals in your body. In Asia, one of the main culprits for hair fall is MSG, but thankfully more people are becoming aware about this and avoid adding it into the food.